Housing Corporation : What's going on...

2003 Newsletter

12/21/03:
Meeting
Received a letter and donation from Brother Noah. The time of the Annual Meeting has been communicated by Brother Griffith. Continued nomations for 2004 Board of Directors.

12/07/03:
Meeting
The initial run of Archive CDs has been delivered and a second batch is being pressed. The corp. received donations from Brothers Hayden, Rhode, Hinkel and Pearson. The Annual Meeting is set for Jan. 11th 5PM in the Talley Student Center. Further discussion the the 100th Anniversary Ball to be held Oct. 16th 2004.

11/20/03:
Info
The Chapter has donated $500 out of it's surplus fundraising money to the housing corporation.

11/16/03:
Meeting
The newsletter has been sent out. Grand Treasurer Janssen has been authorized as our agent for the Vanguard Mutual Fund. Alumni Chris Bailey has paid his promissory note and more student members have signed the new $500 note. The Archive CDs will be mailed shortly and a letter has been prepared to accompany them.

Further discussion on planning an event for the 100th Anniversary with the chapter's chair for the event.

10/27/03:
Meeting
Coming Soon...

10/13/03:
Meeting
Alumni Mike Goodrum and Trey Cutrer have paid on their promissory notes. The chapter paid its dues plus an additional $200 donation to the corp. Some of the students have began signing the new $500 promissory note to replace their original $150 note. The newsletter will be mailed shortly and activities around the national 100th anniversary were discussed.

09/04/03:
Meeting
Coming Soon...

08/23/03:
Meeting
Discussed failover setup for house website. Mutual fund information received from Vanguard. Andy Akers, and Greg Estes have paid off their promissory notes in response to the letter.

08/13/03:
Meeting
Coming Soon...

07/27/03:
Meeting
Rough draft of the fall newsletter was reviewed.

No responses so far to the promissory notes. Brother Cooper has become the first to pay off his promissory note prior to graduation. Received surveys from Brothers Ian Underwood and Andy Hayden.

The corporation has moved $6000 to Vanguard's VBMFX fund. The new ledger show the corporation has a $7000+ balance.

07/13/03:
Meeting
New promissory notes have been sent by Chapter Treasurer, Brother Cooper. Labels to complete the Archive CDs should be done shortly. Information on the Vanguard funds is being reviewd to choose a fund. Goal is set to send a newsletter by this fall.

06/29/03:
Meeting
Further discussion of a seperate housing account with Nationals. Most likely will be in a Vanguard index fund. A new promissory note reminder letter was approved and will be sent out soon. A donation and survey were received from Bill Peterson '84. A survey was received from Marcus Crotts. A article for dissolution of the corporation and disposition of funds to Nationals was added to the By-laws. We still need more volunteers, send us an email if you would like to help.

06/15/03:
Meeting
Student survey results are in. Number one issue is current house cleanliness. A call is scheduled tonight with the Grand Treasurer to discuss our account. A donation and survey were received from William S. Johnson Rho '42. Discussion of signing new promisorry note, this will be handled in the fall.

06/01/03:
Meeting
Student surveys are being compiled. A new domain 'rhoncsu.org' has been setup to replace 'rho.arkay.net' see below. Discuss bylaws article for dissolution of corporation. Discussion of a standard set of house bylaws and lease for the current house. (As of 2004 our website is www.RhoHousing.org.)

05/31/03:
Info
Rho Chapter's server has recently had to acquire it's own domain name. The old address 'rho.arkay.net' will continue to work, but please update your bookmarks and address lists to replace it with the new 'rhoncsu.org' name. For instance to email us use CONTACT FORM and our website is now http://rhoncsu.org/housing. (As of 2004 our website is www.RhoHousing.org.)

05/21/03:
Research
A brainstorming session was held at Borders to do research on fundraising. Discussion including promissory notes, the chapter's 80th anniverssary, alumni database, and starting an alumni club with regularly scheduled events.

05/18/03:
Meeting
The student surveys have been completed and should be compiled soon. More research on taking over the house's power bill, they need a Tax ID. Brother John Lemire is the new student affiliate.

Discussion on moving the majority of the corporation's funds into an account managed by the national fraternity for Rho Chapter.

04/27/03:
Meeting
The newsletter will be finished by 5/3 with help from Brother Pergerson. Bulk mail permit will be mailed this week. All promissory notes since the early 90's have been located. Discussion about managing the current house's power bill. The new promissory note was finalized and the action list was updated.

04/13/03:
Meeting
The chapter has located promissory notes from the '60s and '70s. Discussed revision of existing promissory note. Student members will also be given a copy of the survey to fill out at the next chapter meeting.

03/30/03:
Meeting
Newsletter finished and mailing options discussed. Received semester payment from the Chapter and $50 donation from Brother Andy Hayden.

03/16/03:
Meeting
Brief meeting, newsletter reviewed.

03/02/03:
Meeting
The next newsletter rough draft was discussed. Scott Stamey was approved for the second member at large position.

02/19/03:
Meeting
[Electronic Minutes Missing]

01/12/03:
Annual Meeting
[Electronic Minutes Missing]

Archived news from 2002